p0llinate
p0llinate, Technician
Experience:  Home security and home automation systems expert
59725966

I have a swan 9 camera system which had until recently

Customer Question

I have a swan 9 camera system which had until recently working in my Public House then all of a sudden the message video loss came up on all my cameras I bought a new swan 8 camera system but I would like to fix my old recorder and put it on as well please can you help ?
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Can you try a few tests for me:

Plug one of the old cameras into the new dvr, using the new power and video cables

Plug one of the new cameras into the old dvr, using the old power and video cables

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
old camera in new drive works. new camera in old drive nothing
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no talking on phone only text sorry

Thank you for confirming (the call is an automated ad which you may ignore if not wanted)

Unfortunately there is no simple fix for this situation, it is a failure of the video processing circuitry. It is not just a simple hard drive swap, so it is not something that can even be repaired. Swann does not make parts available for these, and even if they did the cost of repairs is more than you'd spend for a new system.

Since your cameras are still functional though you can purchase a standalone DVR and use your existing cameras with it to expand your system. I can recommend a new dvr, if you'd like.

My apologies for the news.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.