To-Shay
To-Shay, Electronic Security Engineering
Experience:  Long & Extensive experience in the Electronic Security Industry from Design, through to Installation & Ma
53917824

Perhaps... it is for reseting bosch alarm system, it is

Customer Question

perhaps... it is for reseting bosch alarm system
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it is about 5 years old, solution 16
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: my husband accidentally pressed the wrong buttons, i have the manual just find it difficult to read. we need to shut off alarm first. if i could do it myself with over phone guidance i would
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i guess the pricing to get someone here
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Christopher Chrislip replied 1 month ago.

My name is***** this been resolved or are you still having problems?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Chris,.
I could not view any guidelines that you might have sent me. Problem still exists. The alarm is disconnected from the electrical point as when it is on, any movement in the house triggers it off.First I would like to know how to disarm the alarm.
Second, how to reset (or activate) it with a personal pin number.
I have taken a picture on my smart-phone of the alarm panel when it is turned on, it shows various numbers, perhaps that might be of help to you.
I really need urgent help on this because I will be vacating my home in a few days, otherwise I will have to call a technician to come in person to fix it at a considerable . Thanks for your help.
Vina

Hi Vina,

You can power the system down by disconnecting the transformer from the receptacle and one lead from the battery. That will shut it down. I can give you more instruction once you determine the model number. On the Bosch systems this number is ***** at the top of the main circuit board. You can also send photos if you prefer. I will need a photo of the main circuit board and of the keypad. If you know the access code, try to punch it in and hit enter to disarm.

How to Disarm the System

Enter your user code followed by the [#] button (for

example, [2 5 8 0 #]). Two beeps are heard.