p0llinate
p0llinate, Technician
Experience:  Home security and home automation systems expert
59725966

Trying to set up on internet and i dont know the default

Customer Question

trying to set up on internet and i dont know the default password
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: h.264 dvr 2 for sure mabey 3 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i have been using it off line since new never hooked it to modem would like to see it on my phone so im trying to hook it up .lol
JA: Anything else you want the security expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not sure what all i need to be honest it keeps asking me for a password ***** i have no idea it says the hint is null but not sure what that means
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  p0llinate replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

h.264 is a feature, could you tell me the brand and model number?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it is a zmodo h 264 digital video recorder
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
zmd-dt-scn8

Thank you, ***** ***** is admin

and default password ***** ***** or 888888, can you try those please

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the 1 worked how do i get it to be visable on my cell phone i down loaded the app and i have my dvr plugged in to my modem

That is a much more involved question which is considerably outside the scope of the original question.

Your initial question here only covers the password *****

I'd be happy to help you configure the dvr, but the policies of the site require that to be posted as a new topic.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
that is not what i told the first person !!!

Your initial question was that you didn't know the password, correct?

I can tell you the basic requirements for what you will need to do,

dvr configuration is not a simple process,

you need to assign a static IP address to the dvr

you need to open ports and configure port forwarding for the tcp and media ports that the dvr needs

and to set up a dynamic dns for the modem/router

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I stated I was unclear on the whole deal and stated my goal was to view my dvr on my phone . it doesnt state that you are going to charge for every question answered .

That is how the site works, and the password ***** ***** a different topic than configuration.

I'm happy to help you, but please understand as well that we are independent techs here and not hourly employees so cannot go outside the scope of the initial question.

I did provide the requirements/steps you'll need to take to configure the dvr for access above.

If you are not comfortable doing those things yourself, I can do it for you remotely, though that is a separate service as well, which is optional and only if you want it.

Are you comfortable configuring the router yourself?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
you can configure remote through modem on dvr ? this computer is not hooked to dvr

The remote session would let me connect to your computer, from which I can configure settings on the router for the port forwarding

you may have to do a few minor things on the dvr though like reboot it for me at certain points

.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.