p0llinate
p0llinate, Technician
Experience:  Home security and home automation systems expert
59725966

It keeps beeping and when I press the trouble button it

Customer Question

Hi it keeps beeping and when I press the trouble button it shows it needs service but I don't know where the battery is
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Came with our house in 2005 and is a dsc with a number keypad
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Since 4:30 am and will only stop temporarily for about half hour . When it first started 2 days ago at 12:30 am I pressed # and it silenced til last night at 4:30 am ive reset the time using the master code because we had a power outage last monday
JA: Anything else you want the security expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's pretty much it
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  p0llinate replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

The battery is in the main control box, this is a metal box, about a foot square, usually tan or gray. It is usually located in the pantry or master closet, but could be in a coat closet or garage area.

There may be a key or turn knob to open it, and when you open it up you'll find a 12v battery which will need to be replaced. You can temporarily disconnect power to the entire system to silence it until you get it replaced. You may order a suitable battery here: http://amzn.to/2eCQrEl

It has 2 quick connect (push on) wires and is very simple to swap out.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,