Neil, Technician
Experience:  20 years experience in the alarm industry.
15873252

I have a Caddx NX6 system. The previous home owners had a

Customer Question

I have a Caddx NX6 system. The previous home owners had a monitoring company. I want to configure the system to work without monitoring. I think I know how to do it, but I cannot figure out the installer/programming code. I guess there's no way to reset that code so I can gain access to programming is there? I was able to reset the master code - that was easy enough. But the master code only lets you access certain things - like setup the date/time - which I did.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It's a Caddx NX6 - I guess it's old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: There's no issue - I just want to reprogramming the unit and it seems I need the installer/programming code to do that. It's not the default code, that much I know.
JA: Anything else you want the security expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Home Security Systems
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm just looking for a way to reset the programming/installer/dealer code. Once I have that, I can figure out the rest. I don't know the download code either - so I cannot connect to the unit to find it that way. I need a way to reset it. It's not the factory default. I have not reset the unit to factor defaults - I was told that would not change the code anyway - though I'm not 100% how accurate that information is. I don't want to replace the panel. If there's not way to do it, I want my $5 back. I will call the deal the previous owners used on Monday and see if they would give me the code - or call into the unit themselves and change it to something I know.
Expert:  Neil replied 3 months ago.

Hi

There is a back door entry that works with some NX6 but not all... It involves completely powering down the control unit (the box about a foot square with the battery in it) and entering programming using the default code within 10 seconds so you may need two people... It is not in the manual and some monitoring companies have the panel shipped with that function disabled so as they may force the alarm owner to only be monitored by them...

Expert:  Neil replied 3 months ago.

Depower the repower and enter the sequence within 10 seconds