To-Shay
To-Shay, Electronic Security Engineering
Experience:  Long & Extensive experience in the Electronic Security Industry from Design, through to Installation & Ma
53917824

System has 7 cameras- 1 inside house and 6 outside. After an

Customer Question

system has 7 cameras- 1 inside house and 6 outside. After an Edison power failure, all 6 outside cameras have a blank/black screen. Inside camera works fine.
JA: What's the exact make and model of the camera? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The system was ;put together by a now out of business security company. DVR says NV5209P on the bottom of it. Will have to get the ladder out to check out the camera models.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: this started after the power outage 3 days ago. I have unpowered and repowerd the DVR and monitor.
JA: Anything else you want the security expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I will have to check back a little later. I have to prepare for a meeting in 30 minutes. Thanks for now
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 month ago.

If you go outside and look at the cameras (particularly in the dark) do you see some tiny red lights that are just slightly glowing, around the perimeter of the lens?

Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 month ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.
Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.