Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I ave a Vista 20 P with a Honeywell brain. There is a cat5

Customer Question

I ave a Vista 20 P with a Honeywell brain. There is a cat5 wire that comes from the honeywell box that the system is wired into. I need to know what it is and what I can do with it. I need to reprogram the call out number etc. I bought a building that had this system already in it. There was no contract or 3rd party company it belonged to. The previous owners purchased the equipment and had it installed as it is in a rural area. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

David, the CAT5 ethernet wire is used to connect the Vista 20P system to the internet for an external monitoring company to monitor the system for you.

If you don't have a contract with a monitoring company then you don't need to keep the system connected to your internet router.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I know it had to connect to the net. I want to know how I can access it to change the call out number etc.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi David,

You can change the call out number, etc using the programming guide - please see:

https://www.alarmgrid.com/documents/honeywell-vista-series-programming-guide

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Pete.
--------------------