Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

We have purchased 4 wireless cameras and are causing a lot

Customer Question

we have purchased 4 wireless cameras and are causing a lot of interference with other systems already installed in our house, (Rogers home monitoring and our wireless Sonos systems) we had not experience any problems before installing the cameras.
What would be your recommendation to resolve the problems as we have disconnect the cameras at this point.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Aric replied 17 days ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. Please note it can take me a few minutes between replies, so please be patient.

Also: If you receive a phone call offer, that is not sent by me - it is sent by the site without my knowledge. I am not available by phone, so please keep in mind I will be engaging you on this page.

Expert:  Aric replied 17 days ago.

What is the Brand and Model of these cameras please (there's nothing posted with regards ***** ***** cameras you are referring to)?

Expert:  Aric replied 17 days ago.

The issue with wireless cameras, Wi Fi and also BlueTooth is that they all operate on a similar frequency (since the FCC gives us very limited bands with which we can use consumer electronics, and the upper bands are reserved exclusively for military and government use). So the problem you're having is very common, and in many cases not avoidable. The reason I asked for the brand and model of the cameras is that some models have selectable bands you can choose to change the frequency the camera operates on to avoid interference from other devices.

Expert:  Aric replied 17 days ago.

I have to run for 15 minutes but will be back to engage you afterwards.

Let me know if you need further help. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Please keep in mind rating me does not close the question in any way- it simply ensures I am paid for my time spent trying to help you. You can follow up at any time at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 14 days ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.