Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.

Our fire alarm is sounding after changing the battery and we

Customer Question

Our fire alarm is sounding after changing the battery and we cannot make it stop.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I was just searching for answers on the Internet It is a GE networks nx6v2 we changed the batteries in both smoke alarms and it went haywire!
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just the last few minutes. I unplugged the panel and the battery to shut it up. Now I am at a loss
JA: Anything else you want the security expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not sure. T Like I said, all was well and the system started beeping that the batteries were low on the smoke alarms. I have both smoke detectors disabled, but the system still is showing a fire alarm
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Pete replied 27 days ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 27 days ago.

To clear this, press * 7. This will clear the trouble condition and reset the smoke detectors.

Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.