Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My swann dvr9-4200 is not communicating with my monitor. the

Customer Question

my swann dvr9-4200 is not communicating with my monitor. the monitor says check signal cable. I plugged the cable into my lap top and the cable worked as the lap top was presented on the screen. The green light (power) is on the front of the dvr although the HDD light which is usually red is not.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.

Hi , I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially , it would appear to be an internal hardware issue with the Swann DVR. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • open the DVR and locate a small button switch (if available depending on the version). This is a hard RESET and should only be considered if the administrator and if all other tries have failed;
  • • temporarily disconnect the hard drive to determine if there would be any change in booting.