To-Shay, Electronic Security Engineering
Experience:  Long & Extensive experience in the Electronic Security Industry from Design, through to Installation & Ma

I'm trying to install it on my phone, i scanned the bar

Customer Question

I'm trying to install it on my phone, i scanned the bar code, but now its asking me for the system password, i have know clue what it is. i had this installed on my old phone and i can't remember what i put for the password, i got a new phone and I'm just trying to set up my new phone
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: its new Samsung note 5
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: nothing, I've just tried putting every password ***** would use and nothing
JA: The security expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: thats it
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What system, of what kind, has the password ***** you cannot recall or duplicate, please?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the device id is lhv0994293a2, does that help

That device ID is probably a serial # of some sort. Please try to find some other indication or tell me what device type it is... I have no idea at this point.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Lorex 1080HD recorder Model # LHV210800

Thanks for the info. Just a moment...

Only Lorex can reset the password... and you don't know what it is, so you will have to call Lorex and have them reset it.

For security, there is no way to reset the password ***** Before calling Technical Support, please ensure your DVR is connected to your network (connect the DVR to your router with an Ethernet cable and restart the DVR).

is where to go to get the Lorex Tech Support phone # (it is not published, or I would just tell you what the number is.)

Let me know how it goes, please. Thanks.