Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.

I have a Lorex LNR382 home security camera system. Up until

Customer Question

I have a Lorex LNR382 home security camera system. Up until a couple of months ago the system regularly sent out emails for motion detection, video loss, etc. to my Gmail account. For some reason the emails have stopped. They also stopped for 2 standalone Hikvision cameras that I have. I was able to get them working again using a new GMX email account, which still is able to email to the Gmail account! I put in a trouble ticket with Lorex for the LNR382 and the tech tried a bunch of fixes, finally determining that my ISP (Telus) is blocking ports that I need for Gmail, 465,587. How is it that I can still receive emails to my Gmail account if the ports are blocked? Is there a workaround to get the LNR to send out emails? I don't care if it is to my Gmail account or not.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi Derek,

My name is*****'ll be happy to assist with your question today.

You can try changing the email address to a different one for test purposes (e.g. a valid or email account for test purposes) and check if the emails are received there ok.

If they are, you will need to check your junk or spam filter settings on the gmail account as it may be filtering out the emails from the Lorex and Hikvision systems.

Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer worked so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
Otherwise please reply back if you need further assistance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Pete,Ya no, I've tried different email addresses to no avail. Part of the problem is I think the Lorex NVR only "works" with Gmail. There is nothing in my Spam folder. I think the problem is with port forwarding or my ISP blocking ports. I just wonder if there is a workaround as I can't get the NVR to send any email.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Did you recently change ISP or your router or any other equipment around the time the problem started?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No I hadn't changed my ISP or any other equipment. I contacted my ISP with my problem & I asked if they had changed anything or upgraded my router & he said no.