Jason Jones, Technician
Experience:  Installation of several types of systems.
30759776

My DSC 1550 is not accepting the Master Code. I tried to

Customer Question

My DSC 1550 is not accepting the Master Code. I tried to reset the Master Code earlier and may have erased the original Master Code. Is this possible
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Just happened. Tried to arm the unit and would hear long beep after entering my Master Code
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Unplugged transformer and battery and plugged back in. Still same result
JA: The security expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I have red lights on next to the numbers on the keypad. No red zone lights however and unit is in ready mode
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 4 months ago.

By default, the master code will be 1500, 1550, or 1234.

If neither of those codes work, you can reprogram the Master Code by entering:

*8
Installer's Code
21
XXXX (new Master Code)
##

I look forward to hearing your feedback concerning whether or not your problem is fixed.

I hope to hear back that all is working. If this is so, please do not forget to rate my help on the top of this page (choose the number of stars and click the Submit button). If it is not, please respond below.

I will be standing by,
Jason

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page. To keep them handy, you may wish to bookmark or favorite one of the pages that are listed below. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For ***** ***** Only!".

Profile page:

http://JasonFixedit.com