Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.

We have a Simon XT panel which is monitored by ADT. The

Customer Question

We have a Simon XT panel which is monitored by ADT. The panel indicates low battery on the upstairs master bedroom window. My husband has been in contact with ADT and was told to replace the battery on the sensor. He obtained a Panasonic battery and replaced the sensor battery. We are still receiving low battery beeping.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: at least 1.5 weeks. ADT wants $150 as a labor charge since the Simon XT does not have a service contract. I find this strange since an ADT technician recently came out to replace the battery and only charged a $25 trip charge at that time.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Tried running a System Test of the sensors multiple times and attempted to change the master bedroom window sensor battery as previously mentioned.
JA: The security expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Just trying to find out more trouble shooting techniquest/suggestions. We have a feeling this is a simple fix and not worth $150 visit from ADT.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi there

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Its 4:30 -am, r u availAble at a later time to trouble shoot or can you send suggestions via email??
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Sorry for the early morning interruption.

Yes, we can reply back and forth whenever it is suitable.

If the battery is confirmed as good (try swapping the battery with another sensor to test it) then there is a problem with the sensor itself.

ADT may charge less if you can wait until they are visiting the area for another callout.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How much longer will you be online today?
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

I am available throughout the day, 7 days a week.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What make micro sensor would take the CR 2032 disc battery,and be compatible with the Simon XT; does a micro sensor need to be on every window to form an effective security perimeter?
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

You can use the following Interlogix microsensors:

A microsensor on every window is not necessary if the room is difficult to access and has an internal room sensor.