To-Shay, Electronic Security Engineering
Experience:  Long & Extensive experience in the Electronic Security Industry from Design, through to Installation & Ma

My Q-see system wont go past the initializing system? 2

Customer Question

Hi my Q-see system wont go past the initializing system?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: 2 weeks
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I unplugged it, then I opened it up and uplugged the harddrive and the com cable, then repluged, then I uunpluged power supply only and still wont boot up
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It sounds as if the control circuitry in the Q-see has suffered a severe failure. It will need repair, or components replaced, before it will work again.

If you have a voltmeter and specifications for voltages (I admit I do not) you should measure the voltages from the power supply to make sure that isn't the problem, before having it serviced and before replacing anything. Also make sure the modules has no defective components in it, by visual inspection for anything obviously burnt out.

How old is the Q-see system?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
2 years old
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will check the hard drive but dont know about the rest.

The power supply voltage to the hard disk should be + 5 Volts DC. Expect 12 Volts DC also, perhaps.

At 2 years old it is out of warranty. Repair cost would thus have to be borne by the owner.