Neil, Technician
Experience:  20 years experience in the alarm industry.
15873252

I just bought a house less than 3 years old and have a NAPCO

Customer Question

I just bought a house less than 3 years old and have a NAPCO OMNI Alarm System with a GEM-K4 / GEM-K4RF Keypad and nee to program my own user code. The previous original new construction owners state they never had their own personal code and never used the system. I am wondering if there is a pre-set dealer/default code and procedure for the system so I can program my own code? Please let me know if you need additional information? Thank you!
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Neil replied 4 months ago.

Hi

Sorry for the delay..

The short answer is if you have no code at all for the alarm it usually has to be reset back to factory default and reprogrammed from scratch... However the installer will have put in an install code which may allow you to program a new code so it might be worth trying them first... You could also try the standard default of 1234 as well

Expert:  Neil replied 4 months ago.

Your manual is hear:

http://www.napcosecurity.com/images/usermanuals/GEM-K4K4RF_OI283B.03_USER.pdf