Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I cant get to the main menu of my system because it wants a

Customer Question

I cant get to the main menu of my system because it wants a username and password ***** the ones I would have used are not working
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows. I'm sorry that you're having this issue. It would be my pleasure to help you resolve this. What type of system is this? Is this a computer, tablet or phone? Do you know what operating system you have?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is a Lorex dvr camera system....this site was misleading and made me think I would be talking to someone who was a lorex tech...not a computer tech
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

I apologize for the confusion. I will opt out and allow another expert who is more familiar with those systems to assist you. Have a great weekend!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no ty
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok..that will work..ty
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi there,

If you do not know the password ***** access the DVR then the system will need to be reset.

Some Lorex DVR systems have a small reset button/hole on the rear of the unit - let me know if you see that and if you can press it in to reset the system?

If not, please let me know the model number so I can advise further.

Pete.