Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices

I have a Swann 1525 4 camera security system and I can not

Customer Question

I have a Swann 1525 4 camera security system and I can not get an alert to work. So unless I sit all day and watch a tv screen I won't no if I have something setting it off. How do I set the alert? Please help
JA: What's the exact make and model of the camera? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's 2 weeks old. Swann pro series 960H 1525 with 4 cameras
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Everything,
JA: The security expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: At the moment no thanks, ***** ***** alert
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Home-Security Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

This is done via emails sent and If you want the DVR to send email alerts as alarm events are detected, then you’ll need to configure an outgoing email server for the DVR to use, and choose an email address for it to send to.

I recommend creating an account with Gmail ( specifically for the DVR. These instructions assume you’re using a GMail account. I

Under the email settings, Enable SSL or TLS: Enable. SMTP Server: The SMTP address of your email server. There are 3 preset options to select from:, or com Other: Allows for custom definintion of an outgoing email server.

The SMTP port of your email server. Gmail’s is 465 (this value will self-populate) Sender Address: The email address you want your DVR to send alerts from. For example,***@******.*** Sender Password: The password ***** your sending email address. Recipient Address : Enter an email address for the DVR to send alerts to (usually your personal email address).

Attach Picture: When selected, the DVR will attach a still image to better illustrate what has caused the alarm/alert state. Interval: The minimum amount of time that must elapse after the DVR sends an email alert before it can be triggered again.

Test: To check if you’ve set up email alerts properly, click the Test button. If your connection and email details are ok, you will see a message on the DVR screen confirming the email was sent successfully. After a short delay, you will also receive an e-mail in your inbox (Recipient’s Address) informing you that email alerts from the DVR has been sent.

Then when an alert occurs, you will receive an email for this.

Let me know please how you go.