Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.

Scantronic 9651 had power cut hrs. I said battery missing. I

Customer Question

Scantronic 9651 had power cut for 10 hrs. I said battery missing. I managed to remove by adding engineer code 0-7890 but now says k01 tamper. When I try engineer or my code alarm goes off
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Happened 12 hrs ago. I cleared battery message this morning - I guess this would be enough time to recharge. The tamper code has been visible about 30 mins. Thanks
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Scantronic 9651
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Engineers code only plus enter!
JA: The security expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: The backup battery is 4 yrs old. Thanks for your help
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Home-Security Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi there

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Pete, as well as k01 on screen, it also states reset required. If I try engineer code or my own the message is not cleared and set alarm off several times. When alarm did go off, the internal buzzer sounded which indicates that the battery is now recharged. Any tips to proceed would be much appreciated. Many thanks, Matt
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Pete, any thoughts on the alarm question? Thanks
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi Matt,

There are three different reset methods you can try -

see pages 17 & 18 of the user manual:

Let me know if that works for you?

Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer worked so I am rewarded for my time; tips greatly appreciated :)
You can still reply back if you need further assistance.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Pete, the spanner icon is illuminated and therefore I think it needs an engineer code. My own code plus tick does not work or request further info. I think I'll have to call alarm company as had tried these tips when the alarm first gave issues. Thanks
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Yes if the spanner is lit you will need to enter an engineer or service code.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
If I try the engineer code 7890 then tick, the panel just states 'invalid code' - do you know another code to try?
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

If 7890 doesn't work then the code has been changed - have you checked with the installer?