Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.

I want to turn off the back light on my honeywell s1632

Customer Question

I want to turn off the back light on my honeywell s1632 vista 128bp system
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: It's on all the time. we want to turn it off
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: There's nothing wrong we just don't like the bright light in our bedroom
JA: The security expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: that's it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Home-Security Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi there

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

The backlight can be programmed to turn off after inactivity.

Go into programming mode by keying in the installer code (the Honeywell factory default installer code is 4112) followed by 800, without pausing between numbers. The display will show “Entering Programming Mode”.

Once in the Program Modem the data field will display “20 Installer Code” (this is the first data field in the system. Press the star (*) followed by 22 (keypad backlight). This option allows users to program the choice of either always having the backlighting of the keypad on or turning the backlighting off after 10 seconds of keypad inactivity. Select 1 = turn backlighting off after inactivity, 0 = no timeout, to have the backlight always on. Once a selection has been made, enter the star (*) key followed by 99 to exit the programming mode. After exiting the programming mode, the system can take up to one minute to reset.

Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question, do you need any further assistance?