Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

GE security system keeps beeping with low system battery

Customer Question

GE security system keeps beeping with low system battery chimes. Nothing in the keypad. No idea what system battery it's referring to. How do I make this stop?
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Louie replied 9 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...GE security system..." particularly the system panel box or control module.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Only things I can find is keypad model number 60-746-01. Where can I find panel or control module?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
See attached. Does that help?
Expert:  Louie replied 9 months ago.

The CC-RK0037 appears to be the box holding the control module

Expert:  Louie replied 9 months ago.

And yes; it would likely hold the battery as well. Per described symptom and message, check/replace this battery.

Please try opening it up to gain access to the inside components.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It's a big panel with all the network cables connected to hubs. I need to take out this this whole panel off the wall?
Expert:  Louie replied 9 months ago.

The system panel box or control module would often just be about a foot square something like the image shown HERE

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I found this connected to this panel...
Expert:  Louie replied 9 months ago.

Based on these pictures, the system panel box or control module would be further. Trace/follow the round gray cable from the DSL Alarm Filter unit.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It goes up into the wall...this panel starts in basement. I would have to break walls to trace.
Expert:  Louie replied 9 months ago.

Propose to start searching near the 60-746-01 Alpha-Numeric Touchpad.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have 3 of those keypads in the house. Where do you think the system battery is located? Again the message I get with the chimes is "system low battery"