Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.

We are in a home that had Slomins previously. We we moved in

Customer Question

We are in a home that had Slomins previously. We we moved in we did not get a code, we were told the alarm was disabled and would not go off. We lost power this morning and the alarm started beeping. I went online and found that I could do function 9 to silence it. That worked.. until I opened the front door and the alarm started blaring. The only thing I could do was turn the power off. We do not pay for slomins and have no information from the previous own on what to do with this. The armed light is on and I have no idea how to turn it off. So now when I leave the house I have to shut my power off completely to the whole house so the alarm does not sound
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: This morning an hour and 15 minutes ago
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just posted that above? This isn't a real person is it ugh
JA: The security expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Home-Security Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Home Security Systems
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can you tell me when I can expect an update?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi Nikki,

If the alarm system is not in use and you don't know the code, then you will need to permanently disable it.

You can do this by disconnecting the power supply and removing the internal battery.

Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question, do you need any further assistance?