Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Few problems. Thanks. My screen keyboard does not show the

Customer Question

Few problems. Thanks. My screen keyboard does not show the alphabets and numbers, just squares. Second, I would like to reset the dvr as I'm unable to watch remotely. I have tried everything suggested on the Swann website. Thanks
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: From day 1. I hadn't used it for some months. I'm going on holiday soon, and wanted to activate it. No joy. Thanks
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: For the keyboard, no troubleshooting because I couldn't find a suggestion and as I can't see numbers or letters, it's difficult to even start. The network issue, I've been to the network feature, checked all the parameters, checked the router, and no luck.
JA: The security expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Those are the main problems, thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Home-Security Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi there,

What is the model number of your alarm system?

Approximately how old is it?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's a swann view plus. I've had it for about a year.
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Ok, please follow the steps below to reset your Swann DVR:

1. Power off the machine, remove the power plug from the back of the unit.

2. Take off all case cover screws located on the back and side of the DVR and remove the case.

3. There will be a small black button on the motherboard located towards the front panel of the unit, take note of its location.

4. Carefully plug the power back into the unit, leaving the case off.

5. When the unit has fully booted up, press the black button and wait for the DVR to completely reset.

6. Once reset, unplug the power cable, replace the case and screws, and replace the power cable.

The unit should now be reset back to factory default.

Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question, do you need any further assistance?