Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I have an Ademco security system in my house. The alarm

Customer Question

I have an Ademco security system in my house. The alarm keeps going off even when we turn it to off. It indicates a problem with zone 6, which is the sliding door to the deck. How do we stop it doing this or get it corrected?
Category: Home Security Systems
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Anyone there? what is the hold-up?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
You said answer within half an hour, Guaranteed. Over an hour ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This is ridiculous. I am highly dissatisfied.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Cancel this. You have your $5 but that is it. Most unsatisfactory service. Any further charges have been blocked.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I regret that your case was not responded to sooner, and would like to offer the right answer to your question.

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

It is probable that the sliding door sensor is defective, in some way. To disable it, *and* to un-register it from the Zone it is registered as being present in, with the alarm system box's administrative facility, would eliminate the problem... or, you could replace the sensor, or have it serviced, etc.