To-Shay
To-Shay, Electronic Security Engineering
Experience:  Long & Extensive experience in the Electronic Security Industry from Design, through to Installation & Ma
53917824

I have some used ADT Pulse RC8021W cameras I would like to

Customer Question

I have some used ADT Pulse RC8021W cameras I would like to add to my pulse system
JA: What's the exact make and model of the camera? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: give me a sec and I will go get that
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: RC-8021W-ADT
JA: The security expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: is there a cost and what is that before i waste his time
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Home-Security Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: ok but what is a typical cost after the security question is fixed or can you give me a range
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Home-Security Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: Not trying to be cheap but eyes wide open
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Home-Security Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Home Security Systems
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have tried installing with a LAN cable and Pulse says camera needs to be factory reset. Reset the camera and try again. I have hit rest button for 10 seconds without success and then unplugged power and restarted and not success.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  p0llinate replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Your cameras do need to be reset for the system to recognize them.

Initially, the first reset isn't always effective, or may not have been held long enough.

Try this:
Unplug power to the cam (and ethernet) for a few minutes,

press and hold the reset button with a pin,

keep holding while reconnecting power only, and for at least another 15 seconds after.

Let it start up for a minute, connect the lan cable, then test for connectivity again.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I will do that and be back to you. Thank you.

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have a telecom starting in 5 min. Yes I would when I am done with that in 30 minutes. Shall I just ping you back on this blog when I am ready?

Yes you can get back to me here when you are free.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK - I am back. Shall we do the on the phone or by the portal

Well I'm not sure a remote session will really be productive just yet,

if you can't get the camera on the network, there is nothing I can do for you remotely.

Were you able to do the further reset steps?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
well I have 2 green lights but when I enter mac address and connect it causes the web application to time out and shut down

Can you look in your router dhcp tables to see if you can find an IP address being issued to the came, so you can then access it via the IP rather than mac? That will usually be more successful

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the device is plugged into the ADT WAP and I can't access that information. I will work on connecting it to my apple router in a bit and be back with IP address that I can find. My fear is it will not the same because the Pulse cameras connect to the ADT WAP and not a router

the adp access point is really meant as a control and recording solution, but the camera should still be able to work individually as well,

so my intent here is that you could at least access the admin page and perhaps reset it from there via a standard IP port

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
well I have tried as this is plugged into a apple extreme, I am unable to see the ip address. I am looking on the net for a suggestion through the terminal command line but I am not there yet. Any experience with the apple extreme router

You should be able to view the "connected devices" list in the listing of dhcp/ip reservations, and discern which is the camera based on the mac address

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
not with airport ver 6.x they removed that. I am trying FING to see if I can find that

Ah sorry I didn't know what firmware version you were running.

I was just going to suggest fing, I use the same thing in my iphone for this exact purpose

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Nathan I am going to give up as I can not find the ip address.