To-Shay
To-Shay, Electronic Security Engineering
Experience:  Long & Extensive experience in the Electronic Security Industry from Design, through to Installation & Ma
53917824

I have a Lorex 4-camera system that the monitor quit working

Customer Question

I have a Lorex 4-camera system that the monitor quit working and I got a chirping sound which initially I thought was coming from the TV. After turning the TV off, the chirping continued, and the red light on the HDD kept flashing. I was told by several friends that it possibly was the monitor, so I bought and had installed a new monitor. No success. It does have power and the mouse has power. We changed the outlet without success. What is the probable cause for the weird signals and the lack of response by the new monitor as well as the one it replaced? I would very much appreciate your help.
***@******.***
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  p0llinate replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Ruth.

Can you give me the full model number of the system, please?
If you unplug power to the dvr unit for a minute, then plug back in, do you see anything on the screen at all?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Where do I find the model number? I'm a senior citizen not technically savvy. According to the manual it is LHo020 ECO Black box series.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
If you can give me some suggestions that I can pass on to someone more knowledgeable, I would very much appreciate that help as I am totally stupid in re electronics.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am unable to reach the area to unplug and replug.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm not sure when someone can be here to help me do what might be required as well as being able to reach the areas that need to be unplugged and replugged.

Do you happen to have the unit on a power strip (surge protector) that you can just flip the switch on that, or unplug the whole system? That would be ok too, if it is easier for you to access.