Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I trying to do a factory reset on aa DVR I bought used.The

Customer Question

I trying to do a factory reset on aa DVR I bought used.The model number is ***** a few companys sale the sale model Cop-USA, also Q-see sale one but the model is the sale as the main board model. Q-see 2416
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Home-Security Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Home-Security Technician should know?
Customer: I tried the 123456 code that the manual gave me, i tried the cmos battery removal, I tried the botton on the mother board. The only thing i can thing og is a jumper or TP on the board i can trip
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Home-Security Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Home Security Systems
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm sending attached pictures of the DVR that I have my old DVR let me hard reset by touching tp5 and tp6 tab on the PCB together
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Its been way over 10 min and I got no tech response I paid the $5
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks Pete i search the whole internet
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

You will need to contact Q-See to get a recovery password:

https://www.q-see.com/customer/account/forgotpassword/

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I know I can contact them, i was asking how do I do the hard reset myself with out waiting on them for a key. Q-SEE sale my same model, but its not one if theres
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

You cannot do it yourself without their database system or swapping out the main board - this is to prevent unauthorized resets.