p0llinate, Technician
Experience:  Home security and home automation systems expert

I have an alarm system that I never used was here when I

Customer Question

I have an alarm system that I never used was here when I purchased the house. I noticed it was unplug and now it has a nonstop beeping.. I don't know what to do
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Home-Security Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: So the alarm is making a constant beeping that I don't know how to turn it off
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Home-Security Technician should know?
Customer: This system
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Home-Security Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: Is turned off
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  p0llinate replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

If the power is unplugged, that is the cause of the beeping, because it means the battery is also getting low.

You need to find the control box, which will be a metal panel, similar to a fusebox (but usually tan) and open it up. Inside you'll see a battery about the size of a brick. Disconnect the red and black connectors from the prongs on top, and leave the power cord unplugged. That should stop the beeping within a few minutes.

Best regards,

Do you need more help with this?