Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Swann hdr6-8000 wont re-boot unless left off hours. JA:

Customer Question

swann hdr6-8000 wont re-boot unless left off for several hours.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Home-Security Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Swann HDR6-8000 wont re-boot unless switched off for several hours
JA: Is there anything else the Home-Security Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Have fitted a new hard drive and this did not remove the fault
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Home-Security Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, let's review the basics; i.e. connectors, plugs & cables correctly in place, network active, power adaptor able to consistently provide correct voltage.Still and other than the above, the only user doable check would be for the functionality of the pre-installed 1TB Hard Drive or what ever recording media is in use.All others would be internal and would require access to and familiarity with a multi-meter and even perhaps a soldering iron.Another potential suspect would be heat buildup issue but then again; internal.