Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have setup a Lorex dvr model LH03085g through vga cord to

Customer Question

I have setup a Lorex dvr model LH03085g through vga cord to monitor and the power and mouse.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Home-Security Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The power and hdd lights blink and no picture on the monitor
JA: Is there anything else the Home-Security Technician should be aware of?
Customer: this is the first time ever to be out of the box.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Home-Security Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I would say that if the power light blinks, literally, there could be a problem with the DVR. If the power light is steady but the HDD light blinks, then you have a different thing to see to, to get the monitor working:- I don't know what maker or model # ***** monitor it is, but, it may have an HDMI input too. If so, it may be set to get signal from the HDMI input. If anything like that could be true, find the MENU button on the monitor, and try to set its INPUT SOURCE or SIGNAL SOURCE to 'VGA' port.That should get a picture up on the monitor, I think.