Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

We bought a Service Station and the system was already here.

Customer Question

We bought a Service Station and the system was already here. The previous owners said it was here when they bought the store. We need to reset the password ***** we could go back and look at the recordings.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Home-Security Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I do not know if it has been register or not.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Home-Security Technician should know?
Customer: Not at this time.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Home-Security Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. If the center part of the security/video-monitoring system is a DVR (digital video recorder) or similar recording device or 'box', then usually they can only be reset whenA. connected to a network connection that goes ultimately to the internet, andB. accessed by the manufacturer of the 'box' in question, remotely, after you have contacted them requesting that they reset the administrative password ***** the 'box'. You may have to prove that you are the owner of the 'box' by bill of sale or other similar citable proof of ownership. This sort of verification prevents strangers and/or malefactors from accessing it; it guarantees the security of such systems.