Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Cannot sign in to system using default password JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

cannot sign in to system using default password
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Home-Security Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: trying to set up my dvr
JA: Is there anything else the Home-Security Technician should be aware of?
Customer: i dont think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Home-Security Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. If one default password *****'t work, try another.000, 0000, 111, 1111, 123, 1234 are some to try.If it is new, at that point, you have been sold a used unit or one that a password ***** been set for. Return it promptly, with a demand to be given one that is usable in exchange, before the return-exchange period runs out.- If it is not new, then you may need to contact the manufacturer and have them, remotely, reset the password, after you prove ownership to them as is only proper and right. (It keeps people's DVR systems from illicit access by those who do not own the DVR and have no proprietary rights over it.)