p0llinate, Technician
Experience:  Home security and home automation systems expert

On a sunny day the sl585 will not communicate to close gate

Customer Question

on a sunny day the sl585 will not communicate to close gate don't know why
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Home-Security Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: when a vehicle drives through sometimes will not communicate gate is set to close in 2 min. will not close seems worse on a sunny day but not always sometimes walking through or driving through reactivates, have to take cover off and close manually.
JA: Is there anything else the Home-Security Technician should be aware of?
Customer: not at present time.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Home-Security Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  p0llinate replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. You most likely have a safety sensor (infrared light beam sensor) that crosses the gate path, and when the sun is shining on it at just the right angle, it can obstruct the sensor from viewing the transmitted beam properly. The best way around this is to add some shading over the transmitter and receiver units. Best regards,Nathan
Do you need more help with this?