Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a GEcorcord series 4. i do not have any codes, old homeowner

Customer Question

I have a GEcorcord series 4. i do not have any codes, old homeowner did not leave them. how to i reset code?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Home-Security Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: had to change batteries bc of alarm going off. then multiple alarms started going off. they have stoped now but I need to know to access the product and disarm if needed
JA: Is there anything else the Home-Security Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Home-Security Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Hi there
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
It isn't possible to easily reset the code, otherwise these systems would not be very effective. The code is stored in a memory chip and cannot be reset even when the system is disarmed. You will need to get the installer or a GE tech to reset it for you using their specialist equipment.