Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices

I bought a Swann 8 channel DVR from my local pawn shop and

Customer Question

I bought a Swann 8 channel DVR from my local pawn shop and it is still password ***** I cannot get in to set my cameras up I need help
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Home-Security Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I've installed all my cameras now I want to adjust the color and balance and I can't get into the menu
JA: Is there anything else the Home-Security Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Yes I am trying to set up my tilt pan and zoom camera also
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Home-Security Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeTry 0000 or 00000 or 000000 or 1234 or 12345 or 123456All factory codes, are any of these accepted?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I've tried all the codes all of them are incorrect
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I tried all the codes all of them are incorrect
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
ok, it means the person change it.Can you disconnect the power and then open the unit.Inside you should see a silver watch battery.Remove this, let it sit for 1 hour, put the battery back in and tell me if those passwords are now accepted please.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I disconnected the battery and let it sit overnight put the battery back and I still can't get past the password
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Ok, connect a monitor to the DVR, using either the VGA or the HDMI port of the DVR. Then you open the main menu, you go in System, click on the User Tab, select the Username for which you wish to modify the password, click on modify and you can then change the password. Can you do it this way?