Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

Disconnected my Honeywell 1361 transformer from my FA168C-GP

Customer Question

Disconnected my Honeywell 1361 transformer from my FA168C-GP alarm system and forgot to note which terminals (on the transformer) the red and black wires were attached to.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Since the secondary winding of this transformer (where you connect the black and the red wires) is an AC winding, there is no polarity on it. You can attach the black and the red wherever you wish on those two terminals. It really is that simple. (I have looked at a enlarged image of the Honeywell 1361 transformer, and verified that the terminals have no polarity and are marked 'AC' to indicate that.) If this answers your question, please rate my answer. Thanks, ***** ***** luck.