Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant

Sir i am having problem viewing my Security Cameras online

Customer Question

hello sir i am having problem viewing my Security Cameras online on my computer. I have used Netviewer2.0 to install all the components useing Internet Explore as my dowers. Right now I am at the the dialog information Box.
login type: Device ID
Device ID:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Client Port:9xxx
user Name: admin
Channels: 8
say Connected.
But when i goes to the View the video Camara they are all blank.
On the left side of the video all the channels are listed but when click on them the video is still blank. Also at the bottom of the Video box there is a green circle with a arrow in the middle click on it and still not getting any responds. Please help me resolved this problem. This is my email address:***@******.***/ Phone#***-***-****
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.
Are you accessing the cameras from a device inside your home network, or outside from the internet? If you are accessing the devices from the outside, you will have to have port forwarding rules in your router to forward incoming requests. The router should do this for you if you have the setting "uPnP" enabled in the setup.
If you are only trying to access a DVR, then the same is true of the DVR. But whether you are using a DVR or trying to access cameras directly connected to your network will make a difference. For that reason, more specifics like make and model numbers, will be require for more detailed information.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Good evening Michel. Thank you for your answer to the problem that i having with the cameras viewing on my computer however your suggestion was not successful. i am still having trouble Security videoing my property through the Computer. I try disabling the firewall that didn't work i also went to the unervisial port forwarding in the router where the " uPuP " to see if it was disabled; but it was Enabled. so my question is the Defender/Netviewer 2.0 will it work with Windows XP home Edition??; because all the components been downloaded too the computer still no video is showing of my property. Please advised me if Windows Xp could be the main factor in this problem . Now if Windows XP could work please help me resolved this problem. Thank you in advance *****@******.***.
Thank you for the additional information.It could be XP that is causing the problem. The operating system is obsolete and has not been supported in quite some time. I would suggest upgrading to something more current, or at least supported when you can. I would consider that a minimum requirement.