Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I have a winchester 1 1/2 cubic foot combo lock after I open

Customer Question

I have a winchester 1 1/2 cubic foot combo lock after I open it I heard a clicking sound & now I cant get the door to shut
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. That seems to be the anti-tampering 're-locker' feature, that is designed to guard against someone tampering with the electronic lock. Evidenly you jostled it or something, and it activated.Does your safe have an 'emergency key'? if so, use it to undo the re-locker / unlock the safe for closing again.Try pressing the latch (if it is extended) inward, gently... do not force it. This, to see if it can click back into a relatively normal position.Try re-entering the combination, too, of course. After that, I need to ask: did you ever have a manual with this safe? even if you have lost it.