Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices

Lost combination and key to our Sentry SO417 safe. What do

Customer Question

Lost combination and key to our Sentry SO417 safe. What do we to get it open again?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Home-Security Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Safe is in a closet and we accidentally pushed the key lock in and now the door is locked. We never set a combination to it so all we ever needed to do was just push the handle down to open the safe.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Home-Security Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: That's pretty much all of it. Thanks for your help.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Home-Security Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeThe only way to retrieve the original, factory-set and correct combination for your safe is from the manufacturer, Sentry, and you can do that by following the directions at the webpage below. You will need to provide them with your model number and serial number, in addition to some other information. you can see, you will also need to fill out a notary form to confirm safe ownership and prove your identity. Just click on 'Download Notary Form' from the link above, or for your convenience, you can also easily access it here: you submit your information to Sentry, it should take about a week to receive your combination from them. You can request expedited service, if available.If you need to contact Sentry's Customer Care Center for any further questions or information, you can do so with the information here: your convenience, here are Sentry's Customer Service phone and Fax numbers:Customer Service: 1-***-***-****Fax:(###) ###-####heir hours are typically 9AM - 6PM Monday through Friday, Eastern time, but are subject to change.If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.Thank you