Neil, Technician
Experience:  20 years experience in the alarm industry.

My name is***** have a ge network nx-148e alarm system in

Customer Question

My name is***** have a ge network nx-148e alarm system in a home I recently moved into. I am trying to change the custom message on the lcd because it has the previous owners name on it. I have looked up user manuals and can't seem to get anything to work.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I tried to use the *94 function to set the keypad numbers so I could change the name on the lcd but once it asks me to enter my code nothing happens. I tried entering the 9713 but the screen doesn't change.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electronics Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Neil replied 6 months ago.
HiYour manual is here: Check out page 9 for the *92 and *93 programming Message 193 and 194 are the ones you need to set...
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have already tried this. When I go to to put in *92 it asks for my password. I've tried 9713 and the screen doesn't change. It won't move past asking for my password.
Expert:  Neil replied 6 months ago.
Have you tried your user code? If so and no luck then you will need the installer code to change this, you can try calling the company that installed and see if they will give you the code...
Expert:  Neil replied 6 months ago.
Otherwise the only other option is to try a back door program mode enter, for this you will need two people and you will need to find the control box which is a box about a foot square which will be in the roof or in a cupboard near the ceiling
Expert:  Neil replied 6 months ago.
But the back door enter does not always work on the US panels... It depends on the model....