Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

We live in New Zealand & have a small Honeywell safe. When I

Customer Question

Hi - we live in New Zealand & have a small Honeywell safe. When I try and open it now it will not open and our holiday money is inside :(
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I enter the 4 digits and the open button but it just logs the open button as a 0
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That is a predicament, to say the least.

Was the Honeywell safe bought new, or in the USA or some other country (i.e. which country was it bought in or ordered from) ?

What model (not serial # ***** I cannot use its serial # ***** any way) is the safe?

If it was not bought new, if you have no proof of ownership or original ownership, then you can not get support from Honeywell Safes on the matter. You will unfortunately either have to recall the combination/code if you forgot it, or else give up and chisel the safe open... with some yield, obviously, for the loss: your holiday money.

Some would give up on this question and leave it at that... but I think that getting some of the basic details about it that I asked about above, might just open a possible solution (if not in time for holidays, then later.) So let me know, please. Thanks.