Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

My name is ***** *****. I have a PC5010 and just installed a

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I have a PC5010 and just installed a PK5501 keypad replacing the original LED keypad. Is there any need to do any additional programming to enable this keypad? It seems like all the functions are there, except when I opened an existing wireless sensor on a window, the monitoring service called. Never had that happen before. Thanks for the help.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a PC5010 and just installed a PK5501 keypad replacing the original LED keypad. Is there any need to do any additional programming to enable this keypad? It seems like all the functions are there, except when I opened an existing wireless sensor on a window, the monitoring service called. Never had that happen before. Thanks for the help.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electronics Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Sorry , did not mean to post here , will repost your question

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Jack,My question is in regards ***** ***** DSC PC5010 home security system, there is no function key or video input. I swapped out the keypad from original Power832 LED version with a PK 5501 LCD keypad. My question "is there any programming that needs to be done to enable the keypad? It appears I can execute all the same functions, arm, chime, etc. The other question is I got a call from my monitoring company when I opened a window, never happened before. It seems that the wireless sensor now a different supervisory setting, even though I did not change anything with the sensor. Can you assist?KurtHi,
Jack has answered your Home Security Systems question:
"O.k then you will need to do that first , here is how its done on this unit ;Press Fn + 1 and select [Video input] > [Built-in tuner settings] "
.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 8 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

8 installer code 898 will begin the wireless enrollment process.
But if the keypad was just swapped out with a new one, you shouldn't have to do anything extra to get the wired keypad to work. Are you sure that the original keypad was the problem?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No problem with the keypad, just an upgrade. That's what I thought regarding the swap out since no programming was changed on the main control board. Thanks!