Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have forgotten my password, the system login says account

Customer Question

hello I have forgotten my password
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Home-Security Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the system login says account has been locked its model 7408v
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Home-Security Technician should know?
Customer: not sure really I have moved recently and finally got around to using it again and cant think of the password ***** the life of me
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Home-Security Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi there,

If you have forgotten the password ***** you will need to reset the DVR.

To do this, first things first switch off the power to the DVR. Then press and hold the Back button, sometimes also labelled ESC) whilst switching the DVR back on. After a short delay you will see that all lights apart from the power light go out and hear a beep, this means the DVR has reset itself and will automatically restart so release the Back button.

Once everything has loaded you will then be able to login to your DVR using the default username and password.