Neil, Technician
Experience:  20 years experience in the alarm industry.
15873252

Using a Visonic Repeater MCX-610 near a window, I can't get

Customer Question

Using a Visonic Repeater MCX-610 near a window, I can't get the Console to respond better to a keyFob, etc. outside, than without the Repeater. With or without the Repeater a keyFob won't work outside further than 25 feet from the console. I enrolled the Repeater to the Console (specifying zone type 9), and the keyFob has been enrolled to the Repeater. How do I fix this, so the repeater will enable the keyFob to work further from the Console?
I can't enroll a Visonic Natural Gas Detector MCT-441 into my Visonic PowerMax Pro Console. I enrolled other sensors (i.e. motion, door / window, flood sensors, etc.) without a problem, but not a Gas Detector. How do I enroll a Gas Detector?
I have an light / appliance hooked up to a x-10 appliance module, and the light / appliance will go on sometimes when it shouldn't, and sometimes stays on when it shouldn't (i.e. when I arm the system, etc). I only have the X-10 programmed to respond to a memory prompt, and I have disabled: "by arm away
Category: Home Security Systems
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I don't want to work with ***** *****nigan. Please set me up with a different Expert
Expert:  Neil replied 9 months ago.

Hi

Sorry for the delay...

What frequency is the Gas Detector? Visonic come in a range of frequencies depending on local licensing, it sounds like this one may not have been bought from a local dealer and therefore may be on a different frequency...

When you enrolled the repeater did it learn in correctly... I fear this too might be on a different frequency, di you buy from the same source as the detector?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I brought the Visonic Natural Gas Detector MCT-441 from the same dealer as I brought the Console. I can't enroll the Gas Detector. Per the Gas Detector Installation Instructions the Detector compatible with all frequencies. Installation Instructions page 1 specify :
"Compatibility: Compatible with all PowerMax alarm system family
(PowerMax / PowerMax+ / PowerMax Pro / PowerMaxComplete), MCR-
304 receiver, MCR-308 receiver or any other PowerCode alarm system".,
Frequency (MHz): 433.92, 868.95,(###) ###-####or other frequency
according to local requirements.Also I asked about the Visonic Repeater MCX-610, X-10 programming , and the dual RS-232 moduleRegards
Expert:  Neil replied 9 months ago.

The frequencies specified are the frequencies the detector can be .... But it can only be one of them and which one depends on the country of origin.... You will need to return the detector as it is either faulty or more likely on the wrong frequency if you are not able to enrol... I fear the same for your repeater I'm afraid, especially if bought at the same time from the same place.

As for the X10 I will need to know the exact circumstances by which the light incorrectly comes on and how you want to set the light control up... I cannot see your question on dual RS232 o please explain that as well...

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The PowerMax Pro console I have is 315Mhz, this Gas Detector is 315Mhz, and this is the second Gas Detector I haven't been able to enroll. The Repeater is 315Mhz, and this is the second Repeater, that doesn't respond. What zone type should the Repeater be defined as. And, the PowerMax Pro console I have is 315Mhz.I have an light hooked up to a x-10 light / appliance module, and the light will go on sometimes when it shouldn't, and sometimes stays on when it shouldn't (i.e. when I arm the system, etc). I have also tried different X-10 light / appliance modules, without success.I have a Visonic Dual RS-232 installed in the console, and the supplied connector / cable hooked up to a PC. But the Powermax Remote Programmer can't find the console. I have tried different connector / cables without success. ). I have also tried different Dual RS-232´modules, without success.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Using a Visonic Repeater MCX-610 near a window, I can't get the Console to respond better to a keyFob, etc. outside, than without the Repeater. With or without the Repeater a keyFob won't work outside further than 25 feet from the console. I enrolled the Repeater to the Console (specifying zone type 9), and the keyFob has been enrolled to the Repeater. How do I fix this, so the repeater will enable the keyFob to work further from the Console?Also, I have a "dual RS-232´module" installed in the console, and the supplied connector / cable hooked up to a PC. But the Powermax Remote Programmer can't find the console. I have tried different connector / cables without success. How do I get this to work?