Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Help. My home security system was just upgraded with a Vista

Customer Question

Help. My home security system was just upgraded with a Vista 20P panel and a Honeywell Vista Automation Module all accessed through the Total Connect 2.0 software.
My question is related to the automation. I looked online and also watched the help videos but I don't have a tab within TC2.0 for RULES. My tab only says Events,Notifications. I need to set up lamps to go on and off but can only set scenes. I also see no place where I can add any more wave devices myself like the help videos and online materials show.
What am I missing?
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Are you logged on through a PC or are you using an app?

If you are logged on through a PC you should be able to see the Rules option.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wow. Yes I am on a computer And it is plugged in and turned on too. I'm also Logged into Total Connect 2.0 as I stated. I am not a novice with technology just brand new tonthis system.My question should be simple if you are familiar with the Honeywell system. If not we need someone else who is as this relates to soexific Honeywell software usage with various specific Honeywell hardware.Again, the online drop down TAB within Total Connect 2.0 software where all of the Help Tutorials show labeled as "Events, Rules, Notifications"is where you are supposed to access RULE set up to set BOTH the ON and OFF times for zwave devices. The problem is that on MY screens MY drop down tab within the software is different and only says "Events, Notifications" and has no RULES section or functionality.Again, my system is a Honeywell VISTA 20P panel with the Honeywell Automation Module installed.I also see no way to add zwave devices to the Automation set up such as light switches or thermostats. Does the Vista 20P panel need another module or something so all of the Total Connect 2.0 Automation will appear and function?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I will see if another expert can assist you further with this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. But when will I hear anything back that can help?