Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Our alarm says sound tamper, reset required, the alarm just

Customer Question

hi. our alarm says sound tamper, reset required
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Home-Security Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Home-Security Technician should know?
Customer: the alarm just went off today, it wasn't set at the time as I was in the house
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Home-Security Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Home Security Systems
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
the model is a cooper security 9651
and the user guide says sound tamper means sound tamper which is completely unhelpful
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
do we need a technician to come to the house to reset it or is this something we can do ourselves?
Expert:  Pete replied 12 months ago.

Hi there,

This will occur if a fault or tamper switch has been triggered. It can also occur if a telephone line is unplugged, if you previously had a telephone line connected to the alarm system for external monitoring.

You will need to find the trouble and rectify it first before you can reset the alarm by entering your code.