Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Engineer / Consultant
5229702

Alarm beeping and saying system lobat, Alarm is beeping

Customer Question

Alarm beeping and saying system lobat
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Home-Security Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Alarm is beeping continuously and message says system lobat. Have put my code into it which stopped it for 5 mins.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Home-Security Technician should know?
Customer: Alarm is in commercial building, about 33 years old, no model number on control box
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Home-Security Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Home Security Systems
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Still waiting to be connected.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
When you put your code in, it stops it for 5 minutes.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 9 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you may be having with your system.

Without knowing the specific Make & Model of the system you have, it will be hard to give you specific information. But with that being said, almost ALL of the systems I have worked with have a "backup battery" attached somewhere close to the MAIN control box, and when the "lo bat" message appears and you hear the constant beeping, that tells us that the battery is "worn out" and needs to be replaced.

Again, not knowing the specific model, I can only tell you that the "typical backup battery" is a "gel cell" (or sealed lead acid), and can be mounted IN the MAIN control box (if large enough) OR mounted close to that box.

Let me give you a link to a video that does a very good job of explaining what you might expect to see, and how to select the correct battery for your application.

Click for Video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOeQqXvwocE

Once you find the battery, you should be able to remove and replace it - without having to power down the system or doing any other reprogramming of the system.

I recommend trying to find a replacement battery LOCALLY - as they are usually HEAVY and shipping cost can be expensive.

Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions.

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Expert:  Greg A. replied 9 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)