Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I've just replaced the batteries. Do I need to reprogram?

Customer Question

I've just replaced the batteries. Do I need to reprogram? I'd been having problems getting it open, am afraid to close it for fear I won't be able to get it open again. It took many attempts to get the key to work.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

You will have to clear the Tamper Alarm that results from every battery replacement, I think.

But as for the cover-lock... you will need to not break it, and it may need lock lubricant. Choose it carefully, the wrong lubricant can ruin a lock. Some need non-grease-type lubricant, some can use it. It varies and in this case I'm not quite sure offhand.