To-Shay
To-Shay, Electronic Security Engineering
Experience:  Long & Extensive experience in the Electronic Security Industry from Design, through to Installation & Ma
53917824

Using a Visonic Repeater MCX-610 near a window, I can't get

Customer Question

Using a Visonic Repeater MCX-610 near a window, I can't get the Console to respond better to a keyFob, etc. outside, than without the Repeater. With or without the Repeater a keyFob won't work outside further than 25 feet from the console. I enrolled the Repeater to the Console (specifying zone type 9), and the keyFob has been enrolled to the Repeater. How do I fix this, so the repeater will enable the keyFob to work further from the Console?
I can't enroll a Visonic Natural Gas Detector MCT-441 into my Visonic PowerMax Pro Console. I enrolled other sensors (i.e. motion, door / window, flood sensors, etc.) without a problem, but not a Gas Detector. How do I enroll a Gas Detector?
I have an light / appliance hooked up to a x-10 appliance module, and the light / appliance will go on sometimes when it shouldn't, and sometimes stays on when it shouldn't (i.e. when I arm the system, etc). I only have the X-10 programmed to respond to a memory prompt, and I have disabled: "by arm away", "by arm home", "by disarm", "by delay", "by zones" and "by line fail". I have also tried different X-10 light / appliance modules, without success. How do I fix this?
Also I have a "dual RS-232´module installed in the console, and the supplied connector / cable hooked up to a PC. But the Powermax Remote Programmer can't find the console. I have tried different connector / cables without success. How do I fix this?
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the wait. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your question today. Please let me know when you are available.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anytime
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to work with a different Expert.Thanks