Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Neil, I have a networx nx-6v2 alarm system. Can it be

Customer Question

Hi Neil, I have a networx nx-6v2 alarm system. Can it be upgraded so I don't have to have a land line phone to monitor it? I would like to run it through my cell phone.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It is connected to my home phone so it can be monitored by a security system. I have to pay for the security company and a home phone. I want to get rid of my home phone.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electronics Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

You can turn Off phone line monitoring so that your alarm doesn't go off (and stay in a tamper alert status or similarly) when your phone line is disconnected.

If you need details of how to disable that option, let me know. Thanks.